4 Great Reasons to Buy This Spring!
Here are four great reasons to consider buying a home today instead of waiting.
Don’t Let Your Luck Run Out [INFOGRAPHIC]
- The “Cost of Waiting to Buy” is defined as the additional funds it would take to buy a home if prices and interest rates were to increase over a period of time.
- Freddie Mac predicts that interest rates will increase to 4.8% by this time next year, while home prices are predicted to appreciate by 4.8% according to CoreLogic.
- Waiting until next year to buy could cost you thousands of dollars a year for the life of your mortgage!
Which Homes Have Appreciated the Most?
Home values have risen dramatically over the last twelve months. The latest Existing Home Sales Report from the National Association of Realtors puts the annual increase in the median existing-home price at 7.1%. CoreLogic, in their most recent Home Price Insights Report, reveals that national home prices have increased by 6.9% year-over-year.
A Tale of Two Markets: Inventory Mismatch Paints a More Detailed Picture
The inventory of existing homes for sale in today’s market was recently reported to be at a 3.6-month supply according to the National Association of Realtors latest Existing Home Sales Report. Inventory is now 7.1% lower than this time last year, marking the 20th consecutive month of year-over-year drops.
Mortgage Interest Rates Went Up Again… Should I Wait to Buy?
Mortgage interest rates, as reported by Freddie Mac, have increased over the last several weeks. Freddie Mac, along with Fannie Mae, the Mortgage Bankers Association and the National Association of Realtors, is calling for mortgage rates to continue to rise over the next four quarters.
Monday Morning Coffee March 13
In her most recent address to Congress, Fed Chair Yellen’s comments were viewed as more hawkish than expected. Yellen stressed that it would be “unwise” to wait too long to raise the federal funds rate. She also said that in coming months the Fed will consider when to begin to reduce the Fed’s portfolio of mortgage-backed securities. The possibility of…
How to Get the Most Money When Selling Your Home
Every homeowner wants to make sure they get the best price when selling their home. But how do you guarantee that you receive maximum value for your house? Here are two keys to ensuring you get the highest price possible.
Spring Forward: The Difference An Hour Makes [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Don’t forget to set your clocks forward this Sunday, March 12th at 2:00 AM EST in observance of Daylight Savings Time.
- Unless of course, you are a resident of Arizona or Hawaii!
- Every hour in the United States: 649 homes are sold, 177 homes regain equity (meaning they are no longer underwater on their mortgage), and the median home price rises $1.86!
Builder Confidence Hits 11-Year High
In many areas of the country, there are not enough homes for sale to satisfy the number of buyers looking to purchase their dream homes. Experts have long proposed that a ramp-up in new, single-family home construction would be one of the many ways to overcome this inventory shortage.